With the ProductPlan Master Plan feature, teams can consolidate multiple roadmaps into a single comprehensive view. With the Master Plan feature you can create new views and share them with executives and others. A Master Plan is view-only, so each product manager retains control of their underlying roadmap.
You can create a New Master Plan from your roadmaps page. Select the roadmaps you want to include and then set the timeline and dates you want to display. When choosing a Start and End date for your Master Plan, you want to keep in mind the timelines of the Roadmaps you're including in the view. For example, if one of the Roadmaps is from last year, you'll want to make sure the start date of your Master goes out that far.
Legend Consolidation Options
You have three different options for the legend of your Master Plan:
- A consolidated legend will roll up all of the legends of the chosen Roadmaps into one. This is a great option if all of the Roadmaps included in the Master are using the same legend.
- Maintain Original Colors will display all of the included Roadmap's legends separately on the right hand side of the Master Plan. This is a great option if your included Roadmaps are using different legends.
- One color per Roadmap will get rid of the Roadmaps' legends all together and will instead assign one color to each Roadmap. This is a great option for when you want more differentiation between your Roadmaps.
Lane Consolidation Options
Users also have several options for consolidating Lanes in the Master Plan.
- Maintain Original: This will keep your view exactly the same as your standard Roadmap. Each Roadmap will be grouped by stacked lanes, one Roadmap stacked on top of another.
- Consolidate by Roadmap: This will effectively hide the Roadmap's underlying lanes and consolidate each full Roadmap into one lane on the Master Plan
- Consolidate by Lane Title: This will consolidate any lanes with the same lane title into one on the Master Plan. Any lanes that are not consolidated will be displayed as is on the Master Plan.