With the ProductPlan Portfolio View feature, teams can consolidate multiple roadmaps into a single comprehensive view. You can create new views and share them with executives and others. A Portfolio View is view-only, so each product manager retains control of their underlying roadmap.
You can create a New Portfolio View from your roadmaps page. Select the roadmaps you want to include and then set the timeline and dates you want to display. When choosing a Start and End date for your Portfolio View, you want to keep in mind the timelines of the Roadmaps you're including in the view. For example, if one of the Roadmaps is from last year, you'll want to make sure the start date of your Portfolio View goes out that far.
Timeline Layout Options
For the Portfolio View, you'll have the option to choose between a Timeline or List Layout format. If you choose List Layout, you can have your Portfolio View represented in a Kanban Style format and decide if you want the column headers to be represented by Months, Quarters, Sprints, or Tags.
List View Layout Options
As an example, below is the Portfolio View in a List Layout format with the column headers representing Quarters across two individual roadmaps. On the left-hand side of this List Layout, you'll see the Lanes represented as well.
If you choose to use Portfolio View in a List Layout format with the column headers representing Tags, then it will now default the tag order based on the first roadmap.
So in the example below, the tag order will be based off of Product A Roadmap.
Legend Consolidation Options
You have three different options for the legend of your Portfolio View:
- A consolidated legend will roll up all of the legends of the chosen Roadmaps into one. This is a great option if all of the Roadmaps included in the Portfolio are using the same legend.
- Maintain Original Colors will display all of the included Roadmap's legends separately on the right hand side of the view. This is a great option if your included Roadmaps are using different legends.
- One color per Roadmap will get rid of the Roadmaps' legends all together and will instead assign one color to each Roadmap. This is a great option for when you want more differentiation between your Roadmaps.
Lane Consolidation Options
Users also have several options for consolidating Lanes in the Portfolio View.
- Maintain Original: This will keep your view exactly the same as your standard Roadmap. Each Roadmap will be grouped by stacked lanes, one Roadmap stacked on top of another.
- Consolidate by Roadmap: This will effectively hide the Roadmap's underlying lanes and consolidate each full Roadmap into one lane on the Portfolio View
- Consolidate by Lane Title: This will consolidate any lanes with the same lane title into one on the Portfolio View. Any lanes that are not consolidated will be displayed as is on the view.
Custom Bar Ordering
Custom bar ordering will only work for roadmaps that have the same default layout as the layout of the portfolio view. For example, let's say your Portfolio View is in List View by Quarters, then if one of your roadmaps is List View by Quarters, that roadmap’s custom bar order will show up in your Portfolio View. If another roadmap has Timeline as the default view, then it’s bars will simply show up as alphanumeric order.
Custom bar ordering will also only be shown for Portfolio Views with the Lane option set as “Maintain Original”. Any other Lane style will default to alphanumeric sort.