To make it easier to get started with ProductPlan you can import your spreadsheet-based roadmap. You can upload any CSV or XLS(X) file. If connected to Jira, you can also import directly from Jira.
- From the Parking Lot click the “Import” button.
- Select the file you wish to upload – if the file has multiple sheets, select which one you want to upload first.
- Choose which columns you would like to import by assigning them to the existing fields – or choose “do not import” for any section you would like to leave empty.
- Once your initiatives are imported into the Parking Lot, simply drag and drop a single Bar onto the Roadmap from the bar icon beneath the “Actions” column. To move multiple Bars, simply select the box next to each title. Then Select “Move to Roadmap” to move each item selected.
- If your spreadsheet headings match Parking lot headings (Title, Description, Lane, etc..), the content of the columns will automatically be placed within the corresponding heading.
- The content in the “Percent Complete” and “Effort” fields must be a compatible value (1-100 for “Percent Complete” and either 1-10 or existing T shirt sizes for “Effort” level selected).
- If you choose to import information under the “Lanes” or “Legend” fields, a new Lane or Legend item will be created automatically on the roadmap.
- To import multiple Tags for each item, separate the different Tags with a comma on your spreadsheet.